- The long awaited Lefroy - Tasmania’s Forgotten Gold Town book has finally arrived. Priced at $30 it is available from the Society.
Convict Lives at the George Town Female Factory.
The book edited by well known author Alison Alexander and published by Convict Women’s Press is a collection of stories about female convicts who spent time in the Female Factory at George Town between the years 1822 and 1834.
The book is the fourth in the series, the others being the Cascades, Ross and Launceston all of which are available at the Watch House Museum and from the Society.
For further information click on Convict Lives.
Macquarie’s George Town.
George Town celebrated it’s 200th birthday on Dec 18th 2011 and the Society published a handy, informative booklet which discusses the:
- early settlement of Outer Cove.
- establishment of George Town.
- Bigge Commission.
- Macquarie’s second visit to George Town.
- return of headquarters back to Launceston.
- legacy of Macquarie’s town.
- short biographies of Governor Macquarie, Elizabeth his wife and John Bigge.
The publication is available from the Historical Society, George Town Watch House and the Low Head Pilot Station Museum for $4.00.
Email for further information.